01/17/2007 Fishing update/report!

• gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Well today was a bit more responsive when it came to the fish. We set up in our first spot of 34 F.O.W. still trying to be considerate to the other houses by keeping a distance. We were on a ridge that dropped to 48 F.O.W.
    First fish hit a red hook tipped with a crappie minnow,small perch. We started seeing alot of bleeps on the Marcum and Vexlar in the 30 Foot range,I decided to send down a Go-Devil tipped with a minnow head and sure enough I had one interested in my presentation,I lured him up to the 23 foot range just as he decided not to play anymore games and take the bait and out of the hole came our first walleye of the morning, nothing to brag about 14 inches but the first on a Go-Devil on this spot/lake, released the eye turned and bobber down, another perch about 6 inches and fat but definetly a releaser. I continued jigging the Go-Devil concentrating on not over jigging. Stopped for a moment for a quick drink of soda and bam rod bent over, this one was putting up a bit more of a fuss. Got him to the hole and again another walleye might have been the same one from the looks of it but this time he was mad for falling for the Go-Devil twice..
    We ended our day fishing with 4 perch and the two small walleyes nothing worth photos.
    As for ice conditions on the lake we measured it at 14 inches again the top couple inches are not worth adding so 12 possible good inches. Alot of vehicles out and about today,seems everyone is now driving there cars and trucks to there houses. Alot of crunching and crackling going on out there but the vehicles are being sportsman like and staying away from the community of houses..
    Since the other day out on the ice there has been a HUGE shift of houses instead of staying to the left of B.J’s now they are in my hot spot,I found that has been providing us with some fun fishing but nothing in size as of yet.. Now for the rest of the lake as I observed it the northwest end seems to continue to build up there community of houses as the weather continues to produce ice. Some people are venturing off between Bungalo heading east. No heave between Bungalo from what I have seen this year yet..
    Lastnight traveling all over the countryside I focused on the volume of houses on the eastside of the lake. There is about a dozen houses working the eastside off the north shore point. Have not heard much in other reports from other fisherman, but B.J’s today said it seems to be slow lately..
    All in all had a great time, no pictures yet worth posting but the day will come. Even took the time to run to the Otter Manufacturer for some replacement polls I snapped in the cold spell the other day.. Got my eye on that Otter Magnum Village now…
    I am coming to the understanding I am going to have to start using a variety of houses to keep people from following me out there…

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

hahaha… some of us know what you look like!

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Yeah and some of you all will mistake me for Big G as I found out yesterday…
    But yeah Dave it was a fun time even though nothing real big took the bait. But as the day fishing with you we talked about it is nice to catch the fish but it is also nice just to be out there with as little on the mind as possible. Today did not take long for these species of the dark to hit either. I am possitive I am on a good area now just have to fine tune my depth and probably start trying a little bigger baits,that way maybe the old saying will be true,”The Bigger The Bait,The Bigger The Fish”…
    Now since you are to blame about this last purchase I made Marcum LX-5, I would like to also say thanks for the chance to see the two units in action side by side that day.. There is nothing wrong with Vexlars I still stand by them as great units to work with,but Marcum does have a few features not offered by Vexlar and that is really what drove me to buy one. and with both my units now offering the interference reduction I now fish with one in each hole without any interference between the two.. Now if I can just get my eyes to focus on both at the same time…

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

lol… there goes that “nothing on the mind” theory… you will constantly be thinking about “what is on the other screen”.

Oh… and you are welcome.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.