Northern WI lakes

• bucketmouth1
    Lancaster, WI

Me and a buddy are gonna take a road trip this spring to a lake in northern wisconsin for some prespawn smallies. Just lookin for some info on which part of the state to key on for the big ones. Feel free to PM me too. Thanks

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Too many lakes to choose from Check out the fishing reports from last June. There’s a few lakes up there with some real toads

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

bucketmouth:

I’ll be pm’in ya again… Try sending a pm to that Randy W, he may have some ideas… We got together last summer and had a good time!!!

Mark

nic-habeck
    Lake Mills, WI

2 words…. Sturgeon Bay

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Agreed. I have one in mind for the first wknd in June

tanders
    Rush River, WI

Lake Owen in Drummond is a great lake for smallies and the occasional eye. Also Chequamegon Bay on Lake Superior has a abundance of jumbo smallies. Lake Owen has a campground on it called Twin Lakes campground in the Chequamegon National Forest, nice sites, launches and reasonable prices. Lake Superior is a 45 min drive from Drummond. Hope this helps

bucketmouth1
    Lancaster, WI

Thanks for the info everyone. Mark, that would be much appreciated if you could PM me again. I’m going to try to stick to a rather small lake because its only going to be a 3-4 day trip so i dont wanna spend 4 days just lookin for em

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

When you thinking about coming up and what are you thinking for lodging/camping???

Mark

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.