NW Wisconsin report 8/8/10

• andy-johnson
    Milwaukee, WI

We spent a long weekend with family at my aunt and uncle’s cabin in NW Wisconsin. We had really nice weather and had a really good time. The cabin is on a small natural lake and this is only the second time we have been to the this lake. The fishing was good with with more quality sized bass this year compared to last year. The bigger smallmouth were a surprise because last year we only caught small ones. We did catch a few bonus pike but everything else was largemouth and smallmouth. I love fishing these small up north lakes with little boat traffic and low fishing pressure. My biggest fish was a 20″ smallmouth that hit a topwater right before going in for the night. My Dad’s biggest was a dandy 21″ largemouth. Here are some pics:

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

Nothing better that the Lund S -14 and some untouched small water.

Classic Summer in the Northwoods!

Dog

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Darn nice Bronze and Green fish
    I get up to the Bayfield county area now and then and them SM can be a hoot if you find the right lake.
    How are the water levels doing up there at this time? Are they on the rebound at all?
    I hope to be spending some time on the Eau Claire chain around November.

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

No doubt, small water with few people is where I love to be as well. Nice fish, great colors!

Joel

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Nice for a small lake. That’s the way it should be. Hopefully no meat hogs have access to that water or find out about the pigs there.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Bret:

Water on the rebound as most all of our lakes with inlets are actually full if not even a little high. Unfortunately the seepage lakes are still only getting runoff from these rains and are far from full. I tried to get on one of them, last week with my nephew and while I could have done it, I knew there were other lakes within a few miles of this one I could get in with less effort. Still overall much better water levels!!! Now let’s get rid of this heat!!!

Mark

andy-johnson
    Milwaukee, WI

The lake we were fishing was at least a couple feet low. It was the same deal last summer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.