Red Cedar Lake, Barron County, WI

• dave53
    Altoona, WI

I offered to take a couple of guys fishing and they want to go to Red Cedar Lake in Barron County. I’ve never been on the lake, so don’t know anything about it. Anybody been there? What can you tell me about it. Where is the best landing to launch from. Species wise, I think it has bass, walleye, and northern and they are just looking to put fish in the boat, so what has the best potential?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dave

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

The Barron County campground landing was my favorite landing. Very good smallmouth and walleye water for me in the past. A nice body of water!

2jranch
    Arcadia, WI

Just got back from Red Cedar and the fishing was O.K. We did mostly panfishing and ended up with 10 to 20 Crappie each day, ranging from 10 to 13 inches. Caught a lot of small mouth and the keeper range is 14″, Walley is 18″. All the small mouth lived to see another day, In our group a few fished for Walleye and got a couple of keepers, The wind picked up during the weekend and made it little more difficult. The sunfish that were kept were in 3/4 lb. range, real nice. The crappies still had eggs in them and water temp is right at 62 to 65 degrees. Caught fish in Hemlock,Balsam and Red Cedar. You did have to work for them. Hope you have a great time.

dave53
    Altoona, WI

Thanks for the help guys. Working around three schedules, it looks like we will be going June 4, so I have a little time to check some things out yet. Dean, where is the county park located and is there a luanch/user fee at the park? I looked at an online lake map and it showed a couple landings, but didn’t indicate which one was a county park.

Thanks again,

Dave

dave53
    Altoona, WI

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.