Gone Fishin Club – Chippewa Falls area

• dave53
    Altoona, WI

Anyone interested in a very laid back fishing league, this is the one. We fish every other Wednesday starting the week after the opener and continue into September. You get to pick the lake you want to fish within a particular page on the Chippewa County Plat book (all lakes within an hour drive of Chippewa Falls) and you can fish anytime from midnight to midnight (a bonus for shift workers). When the gas prices went crazy a few years ago we introduced a local option which provided one designated lake closer to home if you didn’t want to drive or if your work schedule didn’t allow for an earlier start for the more distant lakes. This has really worked out well for many of us. You can fish for any species you want and points are awarded based on the size of the fish you catch. This year we are trying something new on a couple of outings. We have identified a bonus species. If you target and catch that species, you will receive bonus points for that outing. Gets people out of their rut and try something different.

The annual dues are $25.00 and each event pays out top three places and a big fish award. The actual amount depends on the number of members. We get together at the start of the season to drink beer and talk smart about the fish we will catch ( sorry, this took place last night) and try to get together again at the end of the season to tell lies about the ones that got away (bow season sometimes gets in the way of this outing). You’re not going to get rich or win a new boat fishing with us, but it is a pretty good bunch of guys and there is some good natured ribbing via email as each week’s results are posted. The stated mission is: “Provide an incentive for those that enjoy fishing but never seem to make time to do it.”. Not like we need an excuse, but “honey, I have to go fishing tonight, the guys are counting on me.”

If you are interested and/or need additional information the league commisioner is Dave Swoboda and he can be reached at [email protected] or by phone at work during the day at 715-497-7482 or in the evening at 715-726-1004.

You can also PM me with your email address if you want and I can send you a rules packet. The league has been around 20 years, and I’ve probably fished with them the past 6 or 7 seasons.

See you on the water,

Dave

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.