Eau Claire lakes question?

• ggoody
    Mpls MN

I’m looking for Lake with a good landing in the Eau Claire area preferably around 53? i see 94 runs into 12? and it looks like that runs into a lake or river? I’m meeting someone coming from chicago heading north after we meet on 53 so we want something close to the hyw to test the boat, fish are a bonus.. .

Also how long will it take to get to Eau Claire from MPLS leaving at 5pm “rush hour” thanks, and what would be the best route.

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Pierbridge, are you familar with the Eau Claire area? I would suggest coming in on North Crossing and meeting your friend on the North Crossing and where Hwy 53 cross. Then you could test the boat at the Riverview Park landing which is less than a mile from there on the Chippewa River. It has a nice boat landing.

I would say it would take about 2 hours to get from Minneapolis to Eau Claire during the rush hour. But thats a guess. It takes about 50 minutes to get from Hudson to E.C….depending on speed of course! PM me if you want further directions.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Thanks…..Dartman….so 94 to 12 to 124 that would be the North crossing…and the launch is on which side of the river…..

Thanks again Pier…..

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Got it…..thanks

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Correct…when you drive across the river heading towards 53, the boat landing is on the left side…you can see it from the bridge! Good luck!

duckhunter63
    Eau Claire, WI

124 has been renamed to 312. It is the first exit to Eau Claire from the cities. If you go to Riverview, there are a lot of shallow areas upriver, and a lot of pilings downriver of the bridge. Just be careful.

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Good point duckhunter…not sure what he was “testing” the boat for before heading up north, just sounded like he wanted to put it in the water for a quick run! Other than the river I’m not sure there is anything close other than say Lake Wissota to take a boat and open it up for a spin!

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Quote:

just sounded like he wanted to put it in the water for a quick run!

Exactly……thanks guy’s……

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.