Hey hougie Lake Petenwell

• Anonymous

Just reading a few posts on Winnebago and thought I would ask about fishing Petenwell. I remember reading a few articles from when there are tournaments on Petenwell and the very large (poundage) of Walleye’s that usually make up the winners bag and wondered if you have fished it. Half as far as Bago so thought maybe you have tried it. How about anyone else? I heard it’s like fishing bass in the stumps but you catch walleye’s. I’ve fished Castle Rock but didn’t do very good at all. Steve

Steve Hougom
    Onalaska, WI

I think I was their once. My folks took us kids their once but I was too young to have a clue. I know they talked about how they used to go their years back and fished their several times because of the outstanding walleye action.

Pax
    Woodville, WI

Sorry to jump in but Petenwell is one of my favorite lakes for catching Northern. Anywhere you want and almost any presentation used properly and you can nail some HUGE pike. Don’t know if you guys like the pike but if you get a chance give them a try if you are there, I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised. ———-Pax

Anonymous

Thanks for the info PAX……………..looks like I just may have to plan a trip there…………LOVE those gators!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.