elk Creek-trout 5/22 – 5/24

• shore shinner
    Eau Claire Wi.

I tried for trout on saturday night with a friend and had a blast caught a lot and had a lot of hits. we had nine but now with the new restrictions you can’t keep any between 10-14″ and most were in that level. had biggest at 12 1/2″ and smallest like 5″ then sunday night after fishing lake pepin I only had 3 by myself but one was 16″ my biggest to date would put pics on but no cord for my digital. and monday night the same friend and I fished the same section and caught 5 one was just over 14 but put it back didn’t have enough for a meal.
    Shore Shiner

MuskyHunter27
    Eau Claire, WI

hey just curious how and where you fish these trout

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Hey Shiner,

You ever catch trout in the lake itself?

shore shinner
    Eau Claire Wi.

I wouldn’t go for it. my dad used to as a kid and used to bomb the trout but now someone put a whole pile of northerns in there and are wiping the trout right out so now most are up in the crick. Out of the 6 years I have fished there IN the lake I have only caught about 4 or 5 pretty much on worms or rapalas. other than that I wouldn’t make a trip out to the lake to go just for trout I would definatley go in the creek. Tonight 5/26 after baseball practice a couple buddies and me are going to fish for bass and shoot some carp with our bows. so hopefully we’ll have a blast like old elk lake always gives us. on the crick now I would go next to dodge taxidermy if you know where it is. the closest little truck parking area is where we are catching the trout I would go down crick from the little bridge then work back up. The bridge has a nice hole below I might do some worming in there. But we are using mostly worms and mepps. the darker colors seem to be more effective
    good luck!
    Shore Shiner

MuskyHunter27
    Eau Claire, WI

hey shiner who do you play ball for? thanks for the advice i might have to give it a try, i love to trout fish and have never fished elk creek much

shore shinner
    Eau Claire Wi.

I play for elk mound I am a freshman but I start on varsity. I’m playing tonight at altoona.

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

whats the biggest carp you got outta there?

shore shinner
    Eau Claire Wi.

probably 10 or so lbs. I have missed a lot BIGGER ones to.

MuskyHunter27
    Eau Claire, WI

shiner i am good friends with brandon powell….we play legion together, i’m a junior at north and i’m a pitcher…..we won conference the other night

shore shinner
    Eau Claire Wi.

well then I guess that’s one thing in common “teamates”

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Musky Hunter

Im a junior at north too, well senior now. Whats yer name.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.