hey Chippman and flyboy

• leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Glad to see some more Chippewa Valley people. You guys fish

the Chippewa much around Chippewa Falls or downstream? Which is your favorite stretch of it above Wissota or below. Steve

Chippman
    Chippewa County, Wi

leinieman, just moved down last fall fished wissota and the dam at C.F. but didn’t get out much.Plan on alot more fishing this year. Going to miss 4/26 to give it a whirl. Moved down from Lake Winter so I made alot of trips up there fishing.

leinieman

Wish I was off tomorrow to help fill your boat. Lake Winter huh. I know a couple people with cabins up that way, one on Barber,one just off of Winter,another on a smaller lake and lots of folks that just go up there.. Great fishing up there. Which dam did you fish in Chippewa or did you fish between them. Did you launch off of pump house road?

iWe’ll have to meet up someplace for some fishing after work. You work in Chippewa? Could always stop at the hospitality center at my favorite brewery. Won’t catch much there though. LOL Steve

Chippman
    Chippewa County, Wi

Don’t have to work anymore (bad back) except for taking care of a 2yr old and a 9mth old, I think their more work than my old job. Wife owns Stamp N Plus Crafts in Chippewa so works long hours.Summers revolve around 14 yr olds soccor but in between is fishin time.

I fished the 29/124 Dam area from shore and did wissota from state park can you fish the lower part from a deep vee or do you need a shallow draft boat. Ron

leinieman

Chippman, I guess I’m not sure where you mean 29/124. Do you mean right in town like across from road from burger king ? If that’s the part your wondering about I would say no you don’t want to try that section with a deep vee. What brand boat ? Up river off of pump house road there is a landing that depending on what boat you have you should be able to fish a good section of it. It’s between the Wissota Dam and the dam you fished by I think. Do you have a kicker motor and an aluminum boat. There are tons of smallies in that section as well as walleye’s norherns,muskies, crappies,catfish. You have to be carefull because of the rocks. September timeframe also brings about sturgeon time and there are some large one’s in there. Downstream between the dams in Eau Claire you could probably fish with your rig especially if you have a kicker motor. Just tilt up main motor and use kicker. I know I was crappie fishing in 20 feet of water this winter there. That section is called Dells Pond. If you have any questions give me a shout or send me a pm with your phone number and I’ll give you a shout from work Steve

Chippman
    Chippewa County, Wi

Ya I fished the Dam across from burger king was afraid to put my big boat in I think I know where the one at pumphouse rd.

Where do you put in for dells pond at carlson park I’ve driven through there but don’t know eau claire very good.

Do you know if you can get into I think its Oneal Creek if theres a launch it looks like a good place to go early? You can see it off of 178.

leinieman

Hi Ron, Carson Park is different water than Dells Pond. I am not sure which roads you need to take in Eau Claire. There are some bait stores over there so give them a call for which roads or maybe pick up a city map? I was curious and looked on my Wisconsin Gazzeta and it shows two boat launches but not enough detail to show which roads. The DNR has an office in Eau Claire and one in Chippewa and they can be a great resource for stuff like this . They will also give you maps of areas you may want to fish and they have a book on Wisconsin lakes that is free just ask for it. As far as O’Neil Creek I’m not sure of a public landing on it but if you launch on Wissota and go under the highway s bridge by Waters Edge and go up the Chippewa a little ways you will have where ONeil creek dumps into the Chippewa. I know people that camp at ONeil campground and boat down and back up but I have’t ever been on ONeil creek so be carefull. Pick up a hot spots map for Wissota and it will show you what you are looking for . Steve Oh yea I’m not sure but I think the lake at Carson park may be called Half Moon

Chippman
    Chippewa County, Wi

Thanks I’ll hit the dnr should have done it long ago but always forget. thanks got to get out and burn up some old gas so I’ll take a run up the river and see what I can find supposed to be nice again mon and tue. I was looking on flyboys web site it shows some launches and streets also. Ron

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.