Cedar Lake

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Found the big gills on Cedar today. Just kept moving around until I found my own secret spot. It was epic. They were only 8 to 8.5 long but wide as hell. The longest was 9. Some good crappies mixed in. Easy limit for my wife and I.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Nice lake. Fished it a couple if weeks ago. Got a cpl of decent pike

handy

Just finished cleaning nice batch of cedar lk sunnies for wife’s folks (90 & 93 yrs old), stopped keeping when got enough for supper. Kept 9 & 10 inchers. All else cpr, 4 northerns, 2 walleye, lg mouth & missed a musky. Quite a full day for a couple of 70 yr olds. Down side is our spot no secret now. Lake association does a great job.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Were you off that point on the SW end?

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Mike,

I apologize for any jetski issues you may have had. We took our new toy up there yesterday afternoon for its break in run.

Had I known you were out there, I would have requested a flyby!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I don’t recall any jet skis? Just a wake boarder working our shoreline. We left about 2:30 or so. Boat landing was a mess. That alone will probably keep me from returning on a nice weekend day ever again. Or I would use the pay launch on the south end.

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Quote:

I don’t recall any jet skis? Just a wake boarder working our shoreline. We left about 2:30 or so. Boat landing was a mess. That alone will probably keep me from returning on a nice weekend day ever again. Or I would use the pay launch on the south end.

Thanks for the report on Cedar. What do you mean by a mess? Busy or beat up?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Way more boats/trailers than it can handle. I was 5th in line when I went to leave. And you have to arrange your spot in line by talking to everyone that is standing around waiting. Also the road is right there and it had a lot of traffic coming through. parking was full. Just not something I have any interest in at all. But like I said the private landing on the other end should solve that problem.

Paul Heise
    River Falls, Wi

Quote:

Or I would use the pay launch on the south end.

I’d rather pay a little than have to deal with the mess you describe and people that are too cheap to launch there. Plus its lit for loading after dark!

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Thanks for the info. I just noticed I missed the free fishing weekend in Wisconsin. Guess I might have to buy a license again if I want to cross the border.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

On a side note I saw a fair number of decent bass in the water and one scarred up big fugly muskie kept swimming around us. Also a super sub carp. Just a tank. I tried to “catch it” with a lure but spinner baits aren’t good for snagging. Weed growth was almost non existent yet. I also saw a couple walleyes in the water. That was cool. I’m told the lake gets pretty green in the summer but right now its very very clear water. It was so obvious where to catch eyes. I know this used to be a sleeper lake until discovered and exploited, mostly by ice fishing, in the last decade. I’m sure there are still some eyes to be caught though.

handy

Just east of it. Stayed til about 8:00, had worked the west bay w/just a few small pike , fished cribs at site 8 w/no action. Had fun on the bar. First time on cedar in years. Hadn’t been back due to condition of landing on south end. Sounds like it may have improved.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.