Moving South

• Tim Reszler
    Kenosha

Leaving the northwoods and headed to kenosha area. Possibly milwaukee area. I have been trying to find some decent bodies of water down there to fish. Looks like Geneava or Delevan are the only two unless I want to go out on Lake Michigan. Just started figuring out this walleye bite on pool 4 and now I have to leave it.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Good luck in your new endeavors, I’m sure you will find some waters to your liking.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Why do I have this feeling you’ll be stopping back to P-4 every once in a while?

Good luck!

Tim Reszler
    Kenosha

I am sure a vast majority of my vacation time will be spent on pool 4 for many years to come Brian. The quantity and quality of fish on this fishery is just amazing. Its been hard to fish anywhere else locally since discovering P4. I wish there was more info on IDO about the southern wisconsin lakes and rivers. Looks like I will just have to put the time in and post some reports on IDO myself! Scouting is the fun part right?

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Lake Geneva has some HUGE eyes in it. My buddy John Trossen that owns “The Pier” has been on the bite for quite a few years. My dad grew up around there as a farm hand and fished it at night with musky lures. Incredible the average size once you crack the pattern on them. Bass, Gills, crappies and pike fishing is outstanding as well once you get the patterns down. Down side is the pleasure traffic. I avoid the weekends as much as possible.

But like any metro area, you have a very high density of anglers concentrated on small bodies of water. If your willing to drive an hour + each way for better quality, there are a lot of great bodies of water to hit. I located to be between Milwaukee & Madison, just off the interstate, so that I can be almost anywhere I want within a couple hours.
    Give me a shout when your down here and I’ll give you a few recommendation

Tim Reszler
    Kenosha

I appreciate that Randy. You will definitly be hearing from me. House is officially on the market today so as soon as it sells I will be moving down. Hopefully sooner then later. I hope to spend some time in green bay (lower bay) as well. Its 2 hours north but from what I hear well worth the drive.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

I appreciate that Randy. You will definitly be hearing from me. House is officially on the market today so as soon as it sells I will be moving down. Hopefully sooner then later. I hope to spend some time in green bay (lower bay) as well. Its 2 hours north but from what I hear well worth the drive.

I’m always looking for someone to split that pilgrimage with

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Randy is dead on with the comments of fishing in the SE metro area but there is good fishing to be had in about 1 hours drive. I make the drive when I get out. I go local when the family wants to go for a boat ride and catch gill. That doesn’t mean the local lakes don’t have good fishing…i just don’t like the crowds.

There are a bunch of us IDO fans and lurkers that will be glad to help ya out. I don’t get out as much as I like but give a shout when you get in the area.

Derek

Tim Reszler
    Kenosha

Looks like I will be down there sooner then later. House has been on the market for less then a week and the offers are rolling in. Some pretty good ones too

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.