Wisconsin Fishing update since the opener.

• eauclaireboys
    Eau Claire wi

Was I the only one that thought this winter was the longest ever!

I did have a chance to get out and fish a few times prior to opening day but with very little success.

I wanted to share in this post just an update of the fishing in and around Eau Claire.

Opening day my father in-law and I went up to Lake Holcombe and had the best opening day ever. We boated 30+ walleyes 15 to 18 inches and in the same spots we also caught 40+ smallies. And the majority of them over 3 pounds each with several tipping the scale at 4 pounds.

That was an opening day we will remember for a long time.

In the last week I have stayed closer to home and have been fishing some smaller lakes in Eau Claire. And I have been having some great success. In 2 hours a friend and I caught 20 large mouth and a monster northern. This fish was my personal best fresh water fish. 38″ and 11.8 pounds. It was a great battle.

A few days later went back and boated several more bass and a beautiful 4 lb 18″ Largey.

With the weather looking like it is going to cooperate I hope to be able to ad more to my story. For now happy fishing!

bigpike

Wow, I’d say you have been doing very well for yourself

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.