Lake Arbutus July

• brycenannenga1
    Dubuque Ia

Can anyone give me information on this lake, thinking here or LaCrosse Mighty Mississippi for a hardcore fishing trip. Heard Arbutus is a big recreation lake in the summer which worries me.

soldiersdad1
    La Crosse, WI

To say Arbutus is a BIG recreation lake in the Summer, would be a major understatement. I/we do several camping trips there throughout the camping season and we ALWAYS leave our boats home. Just not worth dealing with most, that are total morons on the water. Just to let you know, too. The Mississippi has a lot of traffic, too. Just a lot more area for it to be spread out. Just saying.

Marcum12

They did close Arutus earlier this winter due to a drawdown to fix the dam I believe. I’m not sure how long it is scheduled to be closed. It also is very busy in the summer with jet skiiers and recreational boaters.

Bob Schultz
    Wausau,Wi

As mentioned, the recreational boaters and jet skiers do get a lot of use in at Arbutus. The walleye trolling bite and the crappie bite can be lights out good early and late in the day though. If the rec guys are too much for you, grab a canoe or a pair of waders and hit the river above the lake midday. Smallies, walleye, cats & muskie are all available if you are wiling to put in some legwork.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Agreed but if you want to fish I would suggest the Miss.

walleyenordy
    Cottage Grove, MN

I also heard that the is a big “FUN” lake. Hardcore fishing trip….. I would say do not plan it at that lake.

Marcum12

I just went to a meeting about the Sherwood Lake drawdown and dam problem. There was a dnr rep there and he mentioned that Arbutus may be kept lowered for awhile due continuing dam work.

Rob92761
    La Crosse WI

i would go to Mississippi or petenwell castle rock area. Before i would go to arbutus to fish.

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

My job requires me to stay close to home so I have a seasonal on Arbutus. I do just fine fishing but the recreational use is overwhelming. I can honestly say my best fishing is mid day while all the yahoos are out there creating my “walleye chop”.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.