Fox Lake, WI

• diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Decided to take the day off Thursday to seek my revenge to the skunk the lake gave me a couple weeks ago when I fished after a storm front came through. Gotta fish when ya can and the boss got tired of me whining.

So called up a buddy and headed out. Stopped by the bait shop to inquire on the crappie bite that I have been hearing. He said, crappie minnows were the ticket and if you can’t catch them somethings wrong with you. I like that kind of instruction. Grabbed about 4 dozen minnows.

So motored out to the basin per direction in about 12 feet of water at about 915 am. This is drift fishing and when you found a few fish they either tapped it or yanked the pole out of your hand. Did OK but the bite slowed where we started and saw all the boats scattered from the morning.

Motored around and saw a pod of boats. I try to stay away from the crowd and was rewarded. We set up another drift and then the hummindbird lit up like a christmas tree in 15FOW. Game on. We had a blast in the last hour of fishing and left with a nice mess of crappie for supper. Gotta love when it is time to go and you just run out of minnows. About 40 kept between two people. Size range was pretty good. 9 to 11 inchers with most in the 9 range. These by far fought the hardest I have seen for crappie.

It was fun fishing with a buddy and I should have used the SI more. When I did use it, finding the fish were easy.

At least no comments from my 8 year old about going to the grocery store for fish (which I flat refuse to do anyway). Enough crappie for some meal and of course I get the hint from the wife last night.

So fish fry sunday? (BTW not the hint I was looking for

)

Jeff Bennett
    Lake Puckaway Wi.

Nice job on the fish , they have been biting good the last week for us.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

You sure those aren’t the Pic’n’save variety of crappie? Nice job….fun when good things happen.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.