Big Round Polk County?

• stevew
    Burnsville, MN

When I was a kid we had a cabin on BRL. Loved that place but have not been there since before I went into the Army in ’74. Nostalgia is making me want to fish it again. Can anyone tell me what’s become of the lake? We used to catch a lot of big pannies, lots of bass and a big pike or walleye now and then. They started stocking Muskies there just before we sold the place – some folks thought the muskies would eat everything in the lake! The lake used to get so green in the summer – we would pretty much quit fishing it until fall. There was a small quarry pit lake (pickeral lake, I think) that was stocked an full of trout we fished a lot just north of BRL. Pic is me with a pike we caught on a tip up – – must have been ’67 or ’68 – ish.

Oh, the good old days…..

mike-west
    Amery, WI

Big round is still a favorite for many around this area, especially winter. Summer is very difficult to get boats in. Must be pretty small (my Ranger 620 just isn’t going there).
    It’s alos one of the 1st lakes anyone drives around here.
    I have had some good sucess there in past couple years but haven’t been there yet this winter.
    I don’t know why, but it sure attracts alot of people.
    I know it has a good reputation but there are times that lake is way over crowed. Maybe why I haven’t been back recently.
    Can’t tell ya much more. If you can find them, then yes, the quality is ussualy very good, especially the Crappies.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.