Winnie Report 5-23-5-31

• jmiller
    Blaine, MN

Started off on Friday with about 40 eyes(water temp 53) in the boat fished anywhere from 4-11 fow with a jig and a shiner and on Satuday (water temp 55)put another 102 in the boat with the biggest being 28.5 and the another 26.5 ten min later. (Sunday Water temp 56 )had a little slower day with 67 coming to the boat and a majority of them being in the 16 3/4 to 7 inch range. It is nice to see the smaller fish for the upcoming yrs. Monday (water temp 57 )had another graet day with 132 coming to the boat and used a half gallon of shiners. Had a great wind with about 4-5 fters. Got a little wet but it was well worth it when you are putting some good freinds on eyes. I would have to say i spent more on bait this weekend than i did gas. Thank god for electricity. Tuesday (Water temp 54) only fished for a few hrs in the morning and brought anothe 34 to the boat. Took a day off of winnnie and headed over to Red Lake and all i have to say is unreal. You get sick of reeling walleyes in. Had two clients that day and at 2 they said that if i wanted we could head in. They were very satisfied. Also have to say the New Crestliner 1850 Fishhawk Worked like a charm all week. Handles great in big water and actually keeps a guy pretty dry for a tiller. Ended up the week with my dad and brother coming up to fish saturday and we limited out in 2 hrs and then chased some of them big winnie crappies. We ended up with 16 crappies and the smallest being 12.5 inches. Big black winnie crappies are great eatin too.

The water temp hit 61 last night in the mouth of the river on winnie. Just thought i would let everyone know that. If you go to the northwest end of the lake you will find a 8 degreechange in water temp from the southe and east ends of the lake. That is why that end of the lake is on fire right know.

A jig and a minnow snap jiggin is your best bet with the bigger fish being in the 9-16 fow and your eaters being in 4-9 fow. There are alot of pike and perch mixed in with these walleyes so it makes for a busy day. Perch are on the small side though.

Sorry i dont have any pics yet but i will post some as soon as i get them .

Good luck fishin everyone and if you see me on the water say hi.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.