Walleyes and Perch

• Anonymous

Well the perch secret is finally getting out again. Winnie is one of and has always been one the the finest Jumbo perch fisheries. 10-13 inch perch are biting pretty good right now. The Snag Hole area on the South end of the lake is one of the better spots as of late. The South end of center bar along with many of the smaller mid-lake and north humps are holding some jumbo’s as well.

The walleyes are holding in some of the same areas, but the tend to bite only early and late in the day. Hey from here on out, it well worth the trip and if you have questions about how and where to go for these jumbos, feel free to ask.

Anonymous

How thick is the ice up that way Sean. I would love to get up that way in a couple of weeks and do a little perch fishing then hit Upper Red for some fast crappie action. I don’t have an ATV and thats a long walk to Center Bar from anywhere.LOL Any news on whats hitting on Lake of the Woods?? Steve

Anonymous

The perch are really starting to heat up. Reports are coming from just about everywhere. IF you haven’t tried Winnie and Cutfoot for those Jumbo’s your missing a great bite.
    The last few days have seen the flats of bowens fill up with numbers of Jumbos and mix in some walleyes and you will have a great day on the ice. The south end of the lake is producing numbers as well. So the perch are active and ice conditions continue to improve. most of the lake is reporting 14-16 inches of ice. If your heading to Winnie or Cutfoot, be careful around all the inlets and outlets. We do have a number of pressure ridges and there are spots of layered ice, do not cross these areas without checking out the ice first. I will be on Winnie again all day Saturday and will let you know the latest.

Happy Holidays and be safe out there.

Anonymous

Sean,

I’m looking for a trip for this upcoming Saturday. Are people driving their vehicles out? Any info is appreciated!!

Anonymous

WE had a great day on Cutfoot Saturday. We were mainly chasing eyes, and when the magical hour rolled in (3 pm) the vexialr started to light up. The fishing is holding on pretty good, the perch fishing sounds great. A number of people were catching some dandies this weekend off of Bowens Flat. From what I heard the size was there as well. I would not suggest driving, but a number of people are. If your not real familiar with the lake, I would plan on ATV or Snowmobiles. We took snowmobiles this weekend, and I am as comfortable on the lake as most…but there is so much moving water…that one can never be too safe…just my opionion. I would say it would be a worthy trip…the perch are jumbo’s. PM me for more info if you would like…..

Good Luck

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.