Ice Report

• Anonymous

For the most part Winnie sounds to be completely covered, just from the last two nights though so ice thickness is not fishable yet. As for Cutfoot, it sounds like it is covered with 3-5 inches with some spots thinner, so again were getting close but from my standpoint I wouldn’t plan on fishing Winnie or Cutfoot yet for at least another week.
    Most lakes in the area are froze, but very few people are heading out yet. This thanksgiving weekend will probably be the first big weekend for the smaller lakes and I will get a report in early next week on some of the smaller lakes in the area…..

Anonymous

Sean, you going to ge up on Red right away?
    If so, can you post us on the crappies? That is a trip I want to do.
    Dave Hoggard

Anonymous

Dave, just let me know when you want to go to Red and I am in. Have to get together since we missed this fall.
    Chris Beeksma

Anonymous

With the cold temps, we are now seeing 7-9 inches of great ice covering the crappie infested waters. I would say by this coming weekend they may be driving light vehicles on Red. The fishing report is slow at best for crappies, but the Northerns and walleyes are pretty active. I have yet to make it up there but I will be getting out soon.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.