Going up this weekend…………….

• Anonymous

Spur of the moment plans have me going up to Winnie for this labor day weekend. Sean im wondering if the walleye bite has picked up at all in the last couple days since your last report? Should i start shallow and work jigs and minnows? Or work deeper mid-lake structure with lindys and leeches/crawlers?

Anonymous

Well, The walleyes are somewhat slow yet, But things may go crazy by this weekend. I would start on the shorelines with both jig and minnows and try some rigs with crawlers as well. On Friday the crawlers shoreline bite was working pretty good, but it was none existent on Saturday or Sunday.

The mid-lake stuff is still working, but the challenge is getting the bait thru the perch and 2000 class of walleyes. The 2000 walleyes are all over the mid-lake structure and eating anything that comes in there area. They are only 10 inches long, but fun to catch at least for a while.

The deeper edges of the structure seem to be holding better fish, and it seem they want jigs and crawlers as well. Meaning the first time you go thru them they will eat the jig and minnows then the next pass or two they will want nothing to do with it, so putting down a rig and crawler normally gets a few to bite. Its been a grind the last week or so, but it just a matter of time and the fish will start going crazy.

The east shoreline from tamarack point to the Birches seems to be the best shoreline as of now, with the right wind, this could be great this weekend. Well hope this helps….Good Luck

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.