No Perch Left in Winnie

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Based on this forum that’s apparently the case. Sure hope that’s wrong because we are headed up there next weekend.

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

Based on our trip last June there is gobs and gobs of them. can’t help right now. but gobs and gobs are in there.

Bob Schultz
    Wausau,Wi

Been hearing rumblings of a good bite all year. Lots of sorting required. West shore has been best from what I hear, for both travel and the bite. Good luck! We are going up on the 15th. Keep me posted on your results.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

You got it. I also heard west shore. That’s where I plan to start.

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Quote:

Based on our trip last June there is gobs and gobs of them. can’t help right now. but gobs and gobs are in there.

X2

chomps
    Sioux City IA

brother sent me a real nice report from a group who went out from Highbanks and stayed along those shoreline breaks and did very well. I do think it’s as bad as last year where getting around is really tough. Not as good of a road system on the west as last year either.

SLACK
    HASTINGS, MN

I was up there the first weekend of Feb. snowmobiles and portables was the ONLY way to go. we mostly fished the west side and it was Constance action all day, had to do some sorting but by the end of the day you had a limit of NICE perch.
    Had 2 buddies that went up 2-16 thru 2-19 fishing was alittle slower had to be mobile to find the fish.
    that is all I know.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Thanks. That sounds encouraging though we will be dependent on the plowed roads for access. We can still move a lot just not far off a road.

SLACK
    HASTINGS, MN

are you staying at one of the resorts on the lake? we were fishing on the SE corner,south of ravens, sand point or something like that in 17 fow

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Always Nodak’s.

Tim Bossert
    Cochrane, WI

WELL? How did you do? Heading up tomorrow, but might be more north of there…

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Sorry. I just saw this. I hope you caught Holst’s encouraging report before you left. So how did you do?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.