We did good

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

We caught a decent amount. Worked hard for them. Right this moment I’m basking in the glow of a fresh perch dinner and am again amazed at how good they taste. Every time. In my opinion the best tasting fish on the planet. I cannot put into words how great they are. Wow on top of wow. WOW!!!!

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Completely agree with that!

-J.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

sure…………………..rub it in!!!!!11

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

In my scale there are several levels above good and poor right below it. Didnt even bring a full limit home but learned more for next year and have a meal for he family.
    Conditions were the worst I ever seen up there.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Please elaborate on the conditions..I’ll be heading up there either this weekend or the next…

Thanks bud

chomps
    Sioux City IA

did you find my little orange flag? I imagine with even this last blast of snow things were interesting, heck even the young strong bucks in our group were worn out from punching holes and that was before this last round of snow.

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

Chomps, I think 2 rounds of snow since you were there. 8-10 a week ago, and another 10 plus while we were there Friday night and all day Saturday. The amount of snow is more than I’ve seen in the past 16 years of going there.
    Downright good fishing Thursday afternoon with the group bringing in 83 keepers. Friday and Saturday were both slower with 55-60 fish days and hampered by snow.
    Still a great trip with great friends, and a few of us brought our 10-13 year old boys with us for the first of many, many trips I’m sure. Having my dad and my son with me on a “guys trip” like that is something that made me full of pride all weekend. I wish now that I would have had someone take a “3 generation picture” of us on the ice.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

I guess next time I will put the 20″ flags out. No doubt bringing the next generation along on the annual outing is when things keep moving along and the tradition continues. We have 3 generations on a summer trip, can’t talk my son into a winter trip. Nice numbers of fish, and good memories!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.