Winnie/Cutfoot walleye Stripping

• sean colter
    Grand Rapids, MN

IF anyone is headed North in the next 10-14 days, the Walleyes at the Cutfoot Stripping station should be in full swing by the weekend. If you have seen this take place it is pretty awesome, but if you have not, you need to check it out. Numbers of 8-10 females, thousands of assorted sizes of walleyes all waiting to be stripped. The location of the stripping station is off of Hwy 46 right before the Cutfoot Bridge. IF you get to the bridge you went to far. Pull into the OneGume campground and follow it down to the lake, you can’t miss it. Most of the daily stripping of fish happens in the AM, so if you want to watch them strip the fish getting there by 8-9 AM is key. I will try to get some pictures on Saturday, as I will be heading up that way in the early AM hours. Look for some Pics Sunday evening.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Looking forward to the pics Sean!!!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

How about them pics buddy??

Thanks!!

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Awesome pictures, can you put them into perspective? How long are most of those fish.

I hope you marked that spot, so you can go back there in a couple weeks.

wallygator
    cohasset mn.

there were fish there that were from 12 to 30 plus inches lots of 22to 26 inch fish i saw a couple that were certainly in the 13 to 14 pound range

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.