Steelhead Fishing?

• med
    Austin, MN

I was wandering if anyone could help me? I am heading up to the north shore this weekend and was wondering if anybody has any info about where a guy could stay or where the fish are?? I think we will start at Two Harbers and go from there. Thanks
    MED

Walyecrappie
    Duluth

I live in Duluth and I can tell you were to go around here. The Lester, Tisher, and Talmitch are not holding that many fish. Your best bet would have to be to go to the Sucker river. There is alot of people fishing there so you will want to get there early adn find one deep hole and stick to it with some spawn bags. They are running pretty good there I was up there 4 times and each time I have come home with some dinner hope this helps!

med
    Austin, MN

Wow thanks for the great info. I will definetly give the Sucker River a try and maybe some of them others just to try and get away from the crouds of people. Did I mention that this will be my first try at it so any other infromation would be great!!!! THANKS AGAIN
    MED

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

hey guys,

hows the fishing up there around mid May? i’m headed up along the north shore on memorial day and would love to do some fishing. are there fish to be caught?

Walyecrappie
    Duluth

Med: Your walleye rig should work if you have nothing else but a little heaver setup isn’t that bad either. I would suggest 6-8 pound test line. Also Bring wadders if you have some.

Jake: I am not sure if there are fish in that time of May. I am usually up at Island Lake at my cabin then. I would assume that there may still be some fish there. The best bet would be try some action in the Sucker. Then if that doesn’t work go down to the French River and shore cast JUST DON’T FISH IN THE ACTUAL RIVER IT IS ILLEAGEL. I am not tottally sure on all this for the End of May though. I would call the DNR and ask our a local bait and tackle shope.

cbeeksma
    Delta, WI

Just answering this post from April here in August! Wanting to see if I can reply in the forum. Been having problems all summer
    Chris Beeksma

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.