Lake Michigan Trib report

• Anonymous

Bluefin and I made the trip over to Wisconsin to fish the Lake Michigan Tribs. Water level was perfect, water temps were ok, fish were scarce. We fished four different rivers with the same results, we caught a few fish but had to fish a long time to get them.

The DNR is going to pass fish through the root river weir on Tuesday which will put a 1000 more fish upriver. If anyone is thinking of heading over you should keep an eye on the water flow and maybe wait a couple of weeks.

Anonymous

Yellowlab thanks for the info. Unfort the DNR only keep their site updated once a week. I am going to fish the Milw/Racine streams over Easter weekend so looking forward to that. Just had a blast over Easter last year. The steelhead is such a great fish. Even though the lower SE Wisconsin rivers are “sewers” you have to experience catching these big beautiful chrome fish. We have excellent steelhead fishing here in northern Wi but just dont have the size of fish Lake Michigan streams carry. What the heck, I’ll fish ’em both.

Chris Beeksma

Anonymous

You are right about the fishing environment down there it is not great but the fish more than make up for it. Your timing should be good. The water temps when we were there started out in the morning at 38 and got up to 41-42 by mid afternoon. Should be a bit warmer by the time you are there.

We did not get any real big fish. One guy had one in and out of the net about 10lbs but the rest were 6-7lbs. Barring a big snowmelt Bluefin and I will be fighting the crowds and enjoying the opener on the Brule.

Good luck

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.