Madison Lake Area Weekly Report

• rynewhite
    Madison Lake, MN

We are starting to see the fall like air move in and has been great for any outdoor activity. The rivers and lakes have been full of kayaks, canoes and fishermen. The reports have been rolling in and we are starting to see some better fishing.

Panfish: The sunfish have been great on Madison, multiple reports around the weedlines in depths of 6′ to 10′. My best luck was around the Boat Landing restaurant and up the shore going east. The sizes have been good, been using jigs tipped with waxies. The crappies also have been had along the shoreline just off the south landing in 12-16′ using minnows or fatheads. A report from Lake George is giving up both smaller crappies and sunfish. Lake Tetonka has been good for sunfish in 10′-12′ also using waxies. Duck Lake has been real consistent for smaller sunfish and crappies along the 12′ bowl. A couple reports from German giving up crappies in 14′ to 16′ using mini mites and twister tails.

Bass: The bass reports have been very good on a variety of lakes. I saw 2, 6 pound plus bass come into the shop for measuring and weighing. They were caught in Ballantyne using a spinner and buzz baits. They were going on the wall the fellow said. One weighed 6-4 and the second just tipped 6 pounds. Tetonka also have been producing some good bass, using plastics along the weedlines and structure spots. Two fellows also some luck on Duck Lake, using jigs at night.

Northern: The northerns have been slower this week for reporting wise, just one report from Francis, in 10′-12′ using raps trolling.

Walleye: Finally we have some guys and gals reporting the secrets, well it a matter of putting in the time, no surprise there. Madison has been picking up a little, a few smaller eyes caught with fatheads in the 16′ to 20′ along the narrows, also one report around the stoney point area in about 12′ using flu’s or tinsel tails. Washington has been busy and a report of 3 nice sized eyes were caught around
    2nd point using fatheads. There were multiple reports from German that were catching some eyes straight out from the landing in 12′-14′ using bottom set ups.

Minnesota, Blue Earth, and Le Sueur Rivers: The Minnesota river have been staying at the same level for about a week and a half, and has been a little quiet, for me anyway. One little sauger around the St. Peter area. The cat fishermen on the Minnesota, have been doing ok just south of town about 2 miles out on the east side of 169, using suckers or bullheads. The Blue Earth and Le Sueur have been good for a variety of species including eyes. The same spots seem to be producing. The best luck I have heard is out on Hwy 66by the christmas tree farm. There are some good holes along that area of the Blue Earth.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Nice weekly report there Whitey!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.