Augers

• tgif

I just tested a Strikemaster 8″ Strike Lite…the 4 stroke this morning. I figure 15 below temp would be a good test. I took 2 pulls and a little warm up and then it would start on the 1st pull after that. It was nice carrying it as it’s 23 lbs. It cut very well and there was no smoke plus I’ve never used a power auger that quiet.
    I didn’t get to test in on re-drilling old holes as I couldn’t find any under the smow where I was testing it out. I was simply impressed as Genz said I would be. My main concern was whether it would bog down under load…it didn’t. I was drilling through about 14 inches of ice on a local pothole. I just thought I share this and I will be putting it through further tests and matching it up against the 2 stroke lazer and 3 blade 2 stroke in a couple weeks. Great drill! TGIF

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

I have used that auger on mille lacs four times this year…and drilled a ton of holes with it! No problems so far!! I love the auger!

I just wish it wouldn’t leak oil if you don’t carry it correctly….

craig daugherty
    Osseo, Mn

They will get the bugs worked out of those 4 strokes, eventually.

tgif

Yeah, I did now notice the oil. Also it does have a sticker saying “this side up on ice”, that helps to remind you. It doesn’t solve the oil problem if it falls over in the back of the truck though. I was planning to see how that composite drill did on the 2 stroke power head….it’s -19 degrees right now so it may be a few hours.

Amazing thing from yesterday was that I stepped into water on the ice and slush after a night of -15 degrees…scared the you know what out of me as I was thinking I could go anywhere on the lake walking. 3″ packed snow plus 6 inches of fluff….make darn good insulation. About 8-10″ of ice perhaps more, but I mainly state the least amount of ice thickness I notice…don’t want anyone to follow my tracks and fall into danger. Later, TGIF

mallard_militia
    Fulton County, Illinois

My strike lite doesn’t bog at all. In fact, I have raced quite a few augers out on the lakes and the pond and I have either gone through just as quick or beat them. Maybe I got a good one or something, but never new about a bog issue.

I hate the blade gaurds. I need to find some more replacements for mine. I snapped my original one right away and haven’t found another one anywhere.

Overall, I love the auger.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.