Foster Arends

• Anonymous

Fished on Foster Arends this early am. Mainly an enclosed gravel pit on the north side of Rochester mn. stocked with trout and pan fish. The early morning bite is always pretty good with a number of rainbows ( and a few brookies). most caught on a simple ice jig, minnow, slip bobber combination in about 8 ft of water. caught 3 or 4 jigging 1/8 oz. Black jig tipped with a minnow head.( I rip em pretty good and a whole minnow never stays on.) Seem to really get it on for about 3/4 hr before daylight. The last 1 to 1 1/2 hrs. before dark are always another hot feeding time. In between small crappies and bluegills with a perch mixed in seemed to bite through out the day. I’ve seen some monster trout come out of this pit, so I will try and keep everyone posted

SWANY

Anonymous

Hey Swany, you and Nate will have to get together and fish it . Nates down there right now. He has spent alot of time down there in the past but loves open water so much like his old man that he doesn’t ice fish as much as he use to. Besides trout, crappie, bluegil, there are walleye, bass and northerns in there too. A nice place to escape to for some near home fishing. Will you be at the meeting listen to Hawger speak with Dustin? Thanks for the report. Bill

Anonymous

Were you fishing with lanterns this morning? I was on the southwest end . I live in Roch. and fish there about a dozen times in the winter. I plan on going again on Tues morning . Kite me if your going if ya want. FISHINFOOL

Anonymous

Hey Guys

went out to the pond tonight 5-8 oclock fished the south west corner in 8-12 ft and got 3 Rainbows and one Brook also two Crappies. all the trout came 3ft under the ice nothing deeper besides for the crappies. going out again tomorrow night after work I’ll let you know how I do. should be another good night.

Nate Cadwell

Anonymous

I’ll be out there tonight!! I like the northern end though. Bows were 3 ft. under? Are you fishing Slip bobbers or jigging? I’ll give a report from the “north end” when I get back. stop on up and say “Hi”

SWANY

Anonymous

Fished the north end last night(Wed) Got on the ice around 4 pm and fished in about 8 ft. Fished it untill just after dark with no response from anything. moved out onto a 14 ft hump in about 20 ft of water and got into the crappies BIGTIME! Though there pretty small, the action was fast and a good time was had by all. AN Excellent lake to take a kid fishing if you want to catch fish!!

SWANY

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.