Ice 12-27-01

• Anonymous

More of the same from yesterday. Improvements in the ice conditions were barely noticeable by Thurs. sunset. Fished on Shields today. Ice in the NW bay was variable 3 1/2 to 5 inches. No rhyme or reason to the thickness. There is less ice on the main lake 2 inches in some areas–open water in 3 different areas. Some additional snow to slow the process tonight again. Open water remains on Shields and Mazaska and possibily French (I haven’t made it there yet)–the wind will just not give up to freezing the open areas.

Fish activity has been well slow–more like really slow. Some panfish are being taken on Shields-crappies, bluegills, perch, and walleyes were hitting tip-ups tonight at twilight. Small fish mostly 6 inch bluegills and perch, 6-8 inch crappies, 15 inch pike, and 9-12 inch walleyes. Just enough to keep a guy sticking around and hoping. I stuck to the shallow water less than 10 feet as guys that were further out in to the lake were telling me that there auger went through after a half a turn–that is NOT SAFE! 2 inches of ice means WAIT!

As ice thickens and conditions improve so shall the fishing.

If any one has info on Cannon or French ice conditions please post! Thanks. TGIF

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.