advise??

• Anonymous

My brother in law wants to take his boat out one more time before he puts it away. Sooo… we was wondering what’s shakin in the Faribault area as far as fishin goes.

Any good tips for Sunday???????

I’ve been stompin the creeks all year and aint got no clue about the ponds.

Thanks much.

JOHN

Anonymous

Hi John,

I figure that Clear Lake in Waseca should be a good place to go. The bass are going nuts everywhere and Clear has more than plenty! Good access, lots pf panfish! Hey, go for it! Lots of luck…

FYI, you will not be hearing my Fishing Line radio show on KOWZ any more. The owner told me I was going to have to move the Thursday morning show to Saturday morning. I didn’t. Done that, now what?

Hawger

Anonymous

Thanks Dave,

Thats probably where we will go, We mostly go over to Clear anyway. I just figured I would check to make sure.

I am bummed to hear that your show is going off the air. I listened to it regularly from home and work, as I am sure many others did. KOWZ doesn’t know what they are loosing. I guess I’ll go back to 104.3, they play better music anyway.

JOHN

Anonymous

Well Dave,

It’s Sunday night, and I would like to be able to tell you that we went to Clear Lake, and had a beautiful day and caught some fish.

Guess what!

We did have a great day and we did catch a few.

Although it took a few hours, we finaly found some bass on the west side out from the apartment house. We kept the boat in about six feet of water and just cast all around. We threw firetigers, spinners and raps but the only thing they seem to be interested in was Rattle traps. The average size was between 17″ and 19″, about three pounds. I caught four bass and Brad caught four Bass and one Northern. We also tried for some Crappie and Sunnies but nothing doing. The bass seemed to be the only game in town.

JOHN

Anonymous

So… you had a good day? That is the main thing. Weather was good too.

I was finding the fish deeper than I expected on Secret Lake.

Hawger

Anonymous

I went to Tetonka on Sunday. Great weather and the fish were on. The fishing has been good all week, off of Best Point Resort near the drop and weedline (or what was a weedline) area. The walleyes were casting distance from the T-dock and in abour 15 feet of water, all morning long. Lots of smaller walleyes and a few keepers before noon. After noon it got slow. Jigs dressed with minnows and crawlers worked. Nothing on cranks. The fish were on tight to the bottom, right on the drops. And, the dock was handy and reduced the “spook-factor” a bunch!

The T-dock is coming out soon, so get there quick or you’ll need a boat to reach this spot.

Hawger

Anonymous

Wow! Tetonka sounds good, but I can’t get those bass off my mind. I feel that we were just starting to get things figured out when it got to dark and we had to quit. Brad seems to feel this way to so we are going to try and pick up where we left off on Saturday. Let’s hope that the slight change in wether hasn’t closed their mouths.

JOHN

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.