The pits!

• Anonymous

I did not hit Tetonka today. Steve Olson and I fished Secret Lake. Secret Lake is a gravel pit that is not too far from Mystery Lake. Both of them are in Hidden Valley (you got the picture…. it’s location is a secret). Sorry.

It was a beautiful day to be on the water and the bass were going real good. We found them deeper than I figured them to be. Mostly about 12 to 15 feet was the adverage. All our fish came from Rapala jointed crank baits and Fireworks Waterlog Jigs, tipped with crawlers. The Raps worked best when retreved real slow, on a steady crank. The bass were not hiting them hard either. It was just a soft slow grab and then you felt the weight of the fish.

We used the locator to find schools of minnows and worked these bait fish filled areas for the larger fish. We caught several bass in the three and four pound range and lots of little guys. Most of the fish were near points and vertical walls. I figure this is where they were feeding on the bait schools there. All our fish were released. What a great late fall day of bassin!

Hawger

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.