FTL Visitor Pics – Walleyes!

• Anonymous

Here’s some dandies sent out to us by Dave “Hawger ” Hoggard to remind us all that we don’t always have to head ‘north’ to get into some great walleye action….. some of the Faribault area lakes offer super walleye action for those in the know.

This first pic is of Hawger with a dandy walleye caught on Lake Tetonka at night. Nice fish Dave!

This second one is Hawger with an 8 Lb hawg taken in the middle of the summer by the looks of the weed growth in the background. This particular fish was also caught from Lake Tetonka.

Thanks for the pics Dave. I used to fish several of the Fairabult area lakes as a kid for walleye at night. Cannon Lake as well as Tetonka were my two favorites!

Good fishin’,

FTL Webstaff

Anonymous

I would love to explain this photo…. The night shot came from a fish that I took at the outlet on Lake Tetonka, about thirty minutes after sundown. I was throwing a 1/4 oz. Bait Rigs OddBall gold jig head dressed with a solid white 3″ white Berkley Power Grub. I was swimming it near the weedline and wham! Great fish and great evening out with the wife to do the netting and photo!

I was sitting in the same spot again last Friday night (or early Sat. morning), and hit another pig. This one escaped me though. I got to just barely see it as it was just as the sun was starting to rise. She was a good twelve! This one hit a gold beetle-spin with a crawler-crayfish rigged tip. Man, what a pig….. and what a fun 10 minutes of working that fish to the boat….. on a light pole with 6lb test! I love Tetonka in the fall! Hawger

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.