Cedar Lake

• Anonymous

Cedar Lake (just south of Prior Lake). Can anyone tell me how the weeds/veg. is this time of year on that lake. I Muskie fish Cedar late June-early July, but am forced to stop once the veg. is toped out all over the lake. I have never gone back after that. What’s it like this time of year?

Anonymous

I do not know….but I would love to check it out. I have heard of the lake but never been there. Muskies? I heard the lake was a good walleye lake.

What time of year do you fish it for Muskies? Any big ones? Hawger

Anonymous

I usually fish it a few days/weekends from opener of Muskie until it weeds up so bad you can’t retrieve a bait without pulling 5# of grass on each cast. Tiger Muskies! Lots! Look at the DRN stocking efforts. Lots of walleye’s too. Friends of mine fish for walleye’s just after opener (weekdays) and do great almost every time out. Not many people fish it hard for walleye’s though. Most hit it after hard-water and fish for the .2 lb panfish in the lake. Panfish generally run so small that they’re only good for muskie/walleye food; but they can serve as a great source of wintertime “action” for kids as well. They love it!

Not surprising,…. most of the “other” lakes within that same 15 mile radius have very good walleye numbers in them also. A person just has to hit it and find them. I know of 2 lakes in that area where catching anywhere between 6 to 50 walleye in one day (May to early June) is not uncommon. Yea,…. a lot are small, but 8-10#’ers are not uncommon …..and those small one’s will grow.

Anonymous

Wow…I will have to giver her a try. Never been there and not real sure where it is. How about an exact how to get to there? And where and on what road is the access? Nearest town? I may try it next after I get back from Mille Lacs next week. I love to try new lakes! Hawger

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.