Clear Lake Waseca 7/3 7/4

• mikem
    SE Minnesota

Put in Sunday for two hours.Very windy,had to launch at the South end.Fished shallow 4ft or less.About one dozen sunnies and four bass,all small,only saw one other boat.Came back Monday for 2-1/2 hours caught about two dozen,half sunnies,half crappies.Drifted between 10 and 18 fow with 1/32 oz jigs with power wigglers.Leaving the north side I noticed quite few dead fish,and some smell.Water temps. between 73-74 both days

sledhead
    MN Rosemount

did they ever figure out what really happened to the crapies. we had a camper out there in keslers (dont know how to spell) and we sold it last year sounds like we got out of there just in time because we really had some good fishing in the past.

tgif

Sounds like the DNR believed it was a parasite. Evidently some panfish were dying on Beaver Lake also. TGIF

tpmorgz
    Central Iowa

I was there the passed weekend also, the fishing was terrible so we went scouting for another lake. We ended up at a little place called Fish Lake. The fishing was a little slow here too, but what clear water in a peaceful setting. There is a 20 hp limit so we had to use the troller.

mikem
    SE Minnesota

I wouldn’t give up on the lake just yet.Sunday was kind of a cold front day,compared to what we’ve had for weather lately.I think the DNR is probably right about the high number of fish in the lake.I’ve caught more sunnies with a little better size in the last year.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.