Basin report 6/24

• walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

I had to try my hand at the basin trolling as it too is one of my favorite methods for putting big eyes in the boat! Very limited on timewe got out at 6:15 pm only able to fish till 9 or so. A quik run and scan threw an area that has always done well for me in past years did not disappiont! Balls of bait, archs every where in the colum and tullies busting the surface told me it was a go. Not 10 minutes in we had our first double and followed it up with 5 more fish over 25 inches and my buddy crushing his old PB with a fat 26.5 on his end of our last double. Speed was varied from 1.7 to 2.4 got fish from 20 ft down on taildancers to 2 ft off bottem with lead and #7shad raps didnt have time to really dail in on them but had a blast with a great buddy sharing his first trip to “The Pond” Next week cant come fast enuff!

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Awesome fish…

I am going up on the 4th with the wife… hope to have just a little of success like your trip.

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

Nice job

Looks like you had them dialed in

Dave

scottb.
    Southeast, MN

great job, waiting for this thunderstorm to pass and I will be heading out again.

Chris Meisch
    Ramsey, MN 55303

Great Job! I’ll be up Sat. with my wife and we’ll be cranking the basin! Can’t wait!

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Congrats walleyeben on your successful open basin trolling night! You mentioned that you were catching them 20 feet down – how deep of water were you fishing in? Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.