Mille Lacs Fishing Report 1/19

• maxxillo

Hello everyone…I hope your having good luck this ice fishing season. I just wanted to give a quick report of what our guide team has been seeing this past week on the lake.

There has continued to be alot of fishing pressure out on the lake this past week. Weeks ago we were still finding lots of aggressive walleyes up on the top\top edges of the mud and gravel flats. This past week we focused alot of our efforts working the same structure except we spent more time fishing the bottom break lines. The fish have been holding to these bottom breaks and basin areas off the structures. Just like the past, use your gps mapping to find these sharp breaks, inside turns/knuckles or points, but spend more time finding the bottom breaks instead of the top breaks.

Once you get off the tops and into deeper water you will see on your locator why the fish are out deeper. The basin is full of millions of 3-5″ perch. You cannot even see your spoon at times with all the bait around. But as quick as it shows up, it will disappear and the walleyes and jumbo perch will come in. We are catching alot of keeper walleyes and jumbo perch this past week. These fish are very aggressive when they approach your spoon. I’m sure it is because the size of the bait is harder to catch than your smaller spoon hanging there.

Gold spoons continue to be the color that has been working the best this past week. Tipped with a small minnow head and jigged aggressively.

Fishing continues to be really good. Come on up and spend some time on the lake….until next time, we hope to see you on the ice!

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Great report Scott. Check your PM’s!

Thanks,

Joel

herefishyfishy
    MN

Awesome report Scott I will be going up the 2nd week in Feb and may shoot you a pm to see what the general conditions are. Thanks for the info and the fever!!

jmiller
    Blaine, MN

GREAT REPORT

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.