Bite is turning on! Pb pics

• walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

I fished the last 2 days on the Pond and they were great!Water temps are about 60 with no major bug hatches this week besides what I think are fish flies.Leeches and 8 ft Lindys have been our mainstay, we’ve tried shorter and longer with that 8 ft being the best, the key is staying verticle with about a 1/2 sinker moving at .5 to .8. Seems also that leech size has been playing a big role to, most fish are being caught on the large leeches with the jumbos and super jumbos getting a few but not like the larges.

Starting to see more and more fish showing up on the mud but the bite has been limited. For us the best numbers of bigger fish have come off the gravel humps and sand to gravel transition areas.Best bite for box fish have been coming off the sand breaks around major rock structures in the evening. With the warmer temps this week I tried pulling some tiny spiners on the tops of the gravel humps with some sucess.
    Over all a great week to be on the water we averaged 30 fish each day with the biggest being a 27.5 my buddies dads personal best eye on u.s. waters

bigcrappie
    Blaine

There must be something wrong with your camera, you can not see the trees and what is in the sky?

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Thanks for the update Ben and congrat son asome good days fishing.

I’m trying like heck to make it back this weekend for a lil eye and skie fishing.

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

A guy next to me at about sundown last night had a 40+ musky hit a small rock bass he was pulling in the fight for the rock bass was on for about 3 minutes before the ski let go.Also have heard of a few others being caught on the east side with lindy riggs that cant be good on those fish

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Thanks for the update. That made up my mind on whether to hit the Pond or somewere else tomorrow. I’ll be on Mille Lacs tomorrow.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I think I can see Big Point, behind his right ear….

big G

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Nope thats Hennepin Island. I have software that gets rid of the amateur type of photo editing!…

big_g
    Isle, MN

Just having fun !!!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Oh sure. Black out the shoreline on that lake but not on the Croix or Miss. What a crock.

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

just following orders river levels change along with other factors that contribute to movements of river eyes, the movements arent so rapid on the pond

big_g
    Isle, MN

AHA !!!!

chomps
    Sioux City IA

my vote goes to the humps off Indian Point I can see rocks in the reflection of that third ripple. How many times does one have to get upset at the fact that you are making this spot so obvious, now all the blue gills will be fished out in no time!

neverhome
    Anoka county

I cant see the background but I can tell he is in 17 ft of water on a sand to gravel transition.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.