FIshing Report For 6-10-07

• jmiller
    Blaine, MN

Well folks what a wonderful day on the water. Had the experience to fish with a good friend of mine Adam Lindeman yesterday on the pond. Adam has been a long time friend of mine. Who is a heck of a stick.

Started the day off in the mud and that was absolutely on fire. We were in about 23-29 fow pulling 8 ft snells with red hooks of death. When we pulled up and the Lowrance X110c showed the bottom absolutely covered with arcs what a sight. Well right then and there we knew that we didn’t have much time before the heard showed up. We fish our first spot for about 4 hrs before it got a little to crowed. Almost every fish pulled in the first 4 hrs of fishing was between 21-27/3/4 being the biggest for the day. We pulled about 20-30 eyes and then went to the gravel and pulled spinners.

At this point we had also lost our wind for the day so i figured i just as well target active fish. And well it payed off. This spot produced our eaters. This spot produced 6 eaters and several 21-24 inch fish. We were in 15 to 28 fow pull spinners with 3 oz weights. We even pulled a bonus fish and that was a lb rock bass. But we decided to let him go. Even though i know Adam wanted to take him home and eat em up.

Then we headed to the last spot and boy was there boats out there. We also pulled spinners at this spot and it was gravel as well. We were in about 23-27 fow. When you see a canoe all the way out by spirit Island you know it was a calm day. We ended up fishing this spot with minimal success till the wind picked up at 3:00 and then we started picking up a few more fish. Ended the day with our limit of nice eater 16-19 7/8 inch fish. Yep chalk it up for another experience on the pond to remember. WOW that is a fun lake to fish.
    Happy Fishing
    I will post some pics tomorrow.

Chris Meisch
    Ramsey, MN 55303

Great work – What could be more fun!

roscoe
    So St Paul

I would like to add a hardy Ya got that right on your post. My nephew james and i got to the mud at about 6:30 and by 6:30 and 15 seconds James set the hook on the first of many 25 inch fish. We fished the flats for about 5 hrs and soon lost count on how many 24-26 inch fish we caught all along the edge in 24-34 fow using long snells. the color of the beads on the leaders will stay a family secret but i am sure many know of these colors. all in all we were able to keep three eaters a 15.5 a 17.5 and a 19.5 The big fish measured 27.5 for james and a beautiful 28.5 for myself. I can tell you this much, after releasing all of those 25,26 and 27s it was hard to release that 28.5 but in the end the conservationist in me won out and i let her go after she promised me that she would produce many many little baby fish the most unfortunate thing about the whole day was our lack of a camera on board.maybe someday i will join the rest of the 21st century and buy one , or at least steal my wifes camera when she isnt looking.

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

Great report. Thanks for sharing.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.