Bugs

• Anonymous

My first clue to the conditions on the lake is when I arrived at the cabin to see it covered in bugs. There were billions. I had read that there was a major hatch but I had no idea it would be like this. As I rode out on to the water Friday evening I saw that the surface was covered with them also. They were not too bad but pesky enough.
    On Saturday when I was riding out I realized that they were worse , if that was possible. I would estimate that there were a few bugs for every square inch of water. That does not estimate what was in my boat after a few minutes. There were bugs everywhere and into every storage compartment I have. With the calm winds the bugs were having an easy time flying where they wanted. Thank goodness I had my trusty bug cap handy. It may look a bit goofy but it provides much relief from those that want to crawl into places you don’t want.
    For those of you going up in the next few days , be prepared.
    Dino

Anonymous

Yes, I was there on Saturday and the bugs were something else. I took two down the wind pipe. I had just cleaned the carpet in my boat and I don’t think I ever would have guessed it would be loaded with smashed bugs after only one outing. They are annoying but at least they don’t bite. I had smashed bugs everywhere – Every time I sat down I got a new crop of bug goo on my butt.

Anonymous

Fished Saturday morning and evening. The morning was bug infested big time with no wind. The evening fishing was opposite, Couldnt have been nicer. Not a bug insight both in the air and water. I love fishing with those 5-10 mile an hr winds. Fishing was good for me also. 19 fish / 2 under slot / 16 over / 1 in.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.