Leeches……shortage of jumbo’s

• Anonymous

My brother in-law Tim called Fish Lake Bait in Harris Mn. today. They have large and medium leeches BUT due to the cool spring they don’t have any extra large or jumbo’s?

If you hav’nt looked around for bait yet do so soon…….

If you find some post it here and let everyone know……

FYI here………

RodneyYork

Bob,

Talked with the owner (Jim Hansen) of Hansen’s Little Bear Bait & Tackle in White Bear Lake, and he has 100lbs of Jumbos on order. I’ve already claimed 10lbs for myself. You may want to give Jim a call and reserve your quantity ahead of time as they’re going fast.

(651) 653-1326

They are located on the corner of 96 & 61 in White Bear Lake.

Good Luck,

Rodney

RodneyYork

Well, the Leeches are there but very few Jumbos, mostly Mediums and Larges. Still looked better than the other Bait Shops I’ve checked out. Out of the 100lbs that came in there’s probably 60lbs left….40lbs gone in 2 days. One guy called last night while I was there and wanted to buy 15lbs! Jim will only sell max quantity of 1lb per person. I expect they will be gone by next Wednesday with opener tomorrow.

Everyone’s having the same problem, because of the cold spring the trappers aren’t catching the Jumbos. Could be real difficult finding Leeches for a few weeks.

Good Luck finding Jumbos???

Rodney

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.