Number of Boats on Opener

• RodneyYork

I was told recently that the DNR stats for number of boats on opener was around 6,000 to 7,000 on average. Is this accurate? Can’t find this info, can anyone verify.

Add this to the MWC & Cabela’s Championship which is another +400 boats, WOW!

Should be quite the experience trying to stay on fish? Hopefully all will be safe and responsible.

Rodney

Anonymous

That seems low when you consider some winters we have 4000-5000 fishhouses on the lake.

Theres alot of water to fish out there. Bobbers and I are taking this one off and just fishing for fun. It will be interesting to watch the conduct when theres money on the line with that many boats competing. There are always those who just enjoy messing with the tourney guys, after all its their lake you know and the tourney guys are just visiting.JK

No seriously people are really quite considerate in close confines.

Be patient, Be safe and good luck to all!

Anonymous

I would consider that number to be on the conservative side. I too will be avoiding the crowds as much as possible early this year.

Anonymous

Hey Guy’s……we will be fishing the big pond, but not in the tournments…..Hook will be the one screwing around with someones spot!!!!!

Anonymous

Hook & Bobbers,

Mike and I saw you guys last weekend on the river, but we were always running in opposite directions. How did you guys do? We fished all day in the lake sat. What a blast!!! I haven’t had a ride like that since the last time at Valleyfair.

Anonymous

We sucked, but didn’t get skunked! It was a slow bite where we fished but down by the lake they pulled some nice weights. I posted the top finishers over on FTR. Where you going for opener MFO?

Anonymous

I’ll be on pool 4 for a bass tourny both sat and sun next weekend. Tommorrow I have a bass tourny on Balsam Lake in Wi nad the weekend after I’m in a walleye tourny on Big Stone. Go, go, go. I think I need to retire!!!!

JimCorey
    East Central Ohio

Good luck in all your upcoming events!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.