Dick Sternberg Report

• Anonymous

Interesting reading. thanks for the link.

Anonymous

I’m glad to see now, what I’ve been carrying on about for the last six months is starting to come out in the media.

We have a potencial problem with the lakes future, the forage is being exhausted for what ever reason. (global warming? that hasn’t been suggested yet.)

I’m just waiting for the people to start going off on the Muskies and large Northerns as the problem, “their eating all the baitfish”. I’m hoping its just a cycle the lake is going through but I have bantered this problem about before and there seems to be more people who are in support of what the DNR is doing than are concerned with the popssible long term damage to the lake. The saddest part of it is that only time will tell, and GOD I hope I’m wrong in what I concluded 6 months ago.

The amount of large fish could be eating themselves out of house and home.

Just wait until they start putting the slant on this study, “oh it was done for Perm”, you know thats next!

Dick Sternberg has a good reputation and I hope people would think twice before insulting his integrity.

My question again goes back to why is it that the DNR seems so opposed to outside ideas? Or asking for outside help to study the lake?

They always make a point to ask for input but ignore it when it differs from what they want to do.

I really think this needs alot more study than its been given time for, and the only Authority who can okay this is the U.S. government.

To bad everyone is not equal, this problem may never have occurred.

I’m not crying over spilled milk here.

Just my two cents worth.

Anonymous

Now that was good reading!!! I’m going to sit on this for a while before I form an opinion on the article, but if half the data they put together is factual, wow does the management philosophy for Mille Lacs need changed.

Jon, I know you’ve got an opinion…. I’d like to hear it.

Anonymous

Hooks,

Who knows if I’m right but to answer your question about why the DNR resists outside opinions and help: The only answer I can come up with is the same reason MNDOT wasn’t thrilled about having other people tell them to shut the ramp meters off. It may expose them as being wrong. I hope that isn’t the case. It would be sad if it was.

The Sternberg report was good reading… full of food for thought.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.