maps…

• Anonymous

Hi…

Besides the Fishing Hot Spots map, what other maps are out there for Mille Lacs and where can one get them?

Thanks in advance,

Jenn

[email protected]

Anonymous

Jenn you want to do get a hold of a couple of things.First would be a tutts whiffer map of Mille Lacs it is much more detailed.The second would be the lake masters software is awsome and takes all the guess work out.Both can be purchased at places like Cabelas.Brett

Anonymous

Jenn,

Ditto on what Brett has mentioned here. Down at the Minneapolis Sportsman Show right now is Lake Master booth. Here they show you first hand the detail of the Mille Lacs Reel Bottom lake map software. Definately worth a visit. This software is very handy to have for importing and exporting waypoints off your gps to your PC and vice versa. Also, if a person is interested, they have this detail software maps plotted on full size physical maps now and have Mille Lacs broken up into 4 quadrant maps. (NW, NE, SW, SE) for sale.

I was informed last night that updates to lakes are free once you buy the first package.

The King Tutt is the ol reliable to have in the boat at all times. This map has considerable detail as well. This may be one to have in the boat for sure.

Good Luck

JimCorey
    East Central Ohio

I purchased the Lake Master software for Mille Lacs as soon as I knew that I would be fishing the Cabela’s/MWC event in May. I have been playing with my new toy for a while now and have never seen any map like it. It’s truly amazing. Sitting here at my computer, in comfort, I have been able to study, choose, and download waypoints to my GPS for use when I get up there to pre-fish.

Anonymous

If you are just looking for a paper map, the new ReelBottom maps (same 1 foot contours as the Lakemaster software) are outstanding – the best ‘hard copy’ maps of Mille Lacs you can get. The whiffer map is nice and surprisingly accurate but the reelbottom maps do a better job showing the structure and they show exactly where on the structure the noted GPS points are. The whiffer maps give you GPS waypoints but don’t show exactly where they are on the given reef/flat. The only downfall to the Reelbottom map is each one shows the entire lake on one side but only a quarter of it on the back with the GPS points.

The Hot Spots map is a DISTANT 3rd behind ReelBottom and the Whiffer, in my opinion.

Anonymous

Thanks for all the ideas… do any of you have the website for the lake masters cd….I think I have heard of those and think I recall they had a website…suppose I could search for it but thought maybe one of you had it on your software package…..

Thanks

Jenn

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.