Best time to come to Mille Lacs?

• Anonymous

We came up last year in mid June and did real well on the flats. Was wondering if anyone had opinions on when the best time to come up and fish for a few days would be. I realize this is pretty open ended, but any opinions might help our decision. Thanks for the help!

Anonymous

Fall, full moon, without a doubt.

Anonymous

My favorite times are the month of june and the fall full moons pulling crank baits….Sept and oct full moons can be great times to catch big walleyes. The month of june allows you to fish the shore line structures, the gravel and take the run out to the mud flats and hit those areas also. The walleye can be caught almost anywhere!

Anonymous

Ditto what Bobber said!!

Anonymous

May for bobber and rig fishing.

June & July for 3 way and crawlers on the flats.

September and October full moon is THE BEST time for trophy fish. James, Dustin and I are taking bookings for this year if you want to see us put pur money where our mouths are! Look at the pics from last year!

Tuck

Anonymous

I love May for rigging the windy rocks, but in June when the mudflats turn on, this is my favorite time to open water troll off the flats. This has kicked out many above average size fish over the years and is a predictable bite……….when you find them! And the most important item here is no crowds at all!!!

Of course the fall bite is definately a phenomenal bite pulling cranks on the rocks. This is no secret here.

Good Luck

Anonymous

Anytime I can get up north, it’s worth the trip. I know when I hit the water the odds are in my favor for catching that once in a lifetime fish, at least compared to other waters I frequent.

I would say May is the best time, but then I haven’t been on the water during the fall bite either. I’ll be able to tell you this fall though, James and I have a date with some piggies one evening!!!

3thin
    The Great State of MI

I’ve fished with James on the Miss. and then booked a trip this fall with him on Mille Lacs. He says it will blow by socks off!!! I’m planning on bringing extra pairs !!

3thin

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.