What a fishery!!!!!!!!!!

• Anonymous

I had the oppurtunity to stay Wed-Sat night on Mille Lacs and was absolutly amazed at the walleye we caught. 64 total walleyes!!! Only 3 of these were under 14″, with most over the 18″ mark. Catching cookie cutter 20-21″ fish is a thrill for anyone.

For us the key depth was 17-19′ on a rock-mud transition. Set lines took most of the fish, with a small handfull willing to hit a spoon. There was of coarse the typical sunrise and sunset bite, and enough action on the rattle reels to require a mid day nap.

While we didn’t catch any perch in our location, 2 other houses that were sitting in 31′ were getting 5-10″ jumbos each day. One guy caught one that I believe is the biggest perch I have ever seen that wasn’t mounted.

I wanted to thank jbob again for his hospitality and letting me take over his house Wed & Thur.

On a side note, we had something occur I had never seen before. On Sat when we woke up we notice a small hole the size of a dime outside the house. Within a couple hours we noticed that the hole was growing and water was coming up. By noon we were moving the house as we already had 4-6″ of water aroud the house and the hole was now the size of a coffee can at the top and got bigger as it went down. Has anyone else seen this?

Anonymous

Was on Mille Lacs for the first time Saturday but didn’t have the luck that you did. I only caught one northern about 30 inches (It’s still swiming getting larger).Where about were you fishing. I had a great time playing with the gps (Garmin 12) trying to find different flats ect ect. Caught the northern just out about 200 yards off Indian Point about 12 feet deep.Looked like a good spot on the map. Oh well will have to give it a shot open water season. Steve

Anonymous

I’m not allowed to give the specifics due to the threat of death, but we were on the west side. A rock/mud transition was the key.

Anonymous

Hey Mike!

SOunds like you had a good time catching. I am hoping for a few of those jumbo perch this upcoming weekend and ofcourse a few bonus “oh it’s a walleye” will be nice!

As far as that hole, did you notice bubbles coming up? This could have been a gas hole? SOmetimes weak spots in the ice are melted through by emerging gases below. Otherwise, I don’t have a clue what went on there.

I hope I don;t see too many of those this Saturday!!!

Jim W

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.