Ice report!!!!

• Anonymous

Well as of this morning Mille Lacs has ice!!!!!The Main lake froze last night as temp’s dropped into the single digits. I checked out the northern half too and from work and saw one small area up near the culvert that had open water late today. The main lake froze very smooth, if we can continue to keep these temps down at night we should be making an inch or two each day? At this point I hope the snow stay’s away for now……….It can come later when we have enough ice to support it.

I’ll keep you posted here, Bobber…………..

Anonymous

If the forecast holds true the ice may be in trouble. Last nights computer projection showed a large spot up through St Cloud that can have the most snow. Lets keep our fingers crossed that the computer is wrong again.

Dino

Anonymous

Ditto on the forecast. I was at hunters point for lunch yesterday and we were the only ones around. There was ice as far as you could see. With the cold calm temps last night there should be another inch or so today. Hunters thought they would start getting walk outs early next week if the weather holds up.

Hook

Anonymous

The southeast wind we have right now on Mille Lacs is blowing the ice around a bit. I have open water out front on the eastside and also noticed more open water near Garrison and on the northend. With the wind and possible snow that the weather guy’s are talking about does’nt sound good for the big lake………….

I’ll keep you posted, Bobber

Anonymous

Nate was talking to Hooks yesterday at the store at Mille Lacs and Hooks said that a south bay had 6 inches of ice on it. But Nate told me on the phone last night that Mille Lacs got a good 5-6 inches of snow yeterday. He didn’t take his ice fishing stuff with him as he figured there wouldn’t be any ice so hes not popping any big fish but his favorite fishin gal [Jessie] took the bait when he popped THE big question. Congrads Nate and Jessie. Dad

Anonymous

The lake out front of my house now looks like the frozen tundra. The NW wind picked up last night and moved the ice back onto the east side of Mille Lacs. The ice is very rough 3/4 mile or so off shore. The temps are good now hopefully to freeze up the lake. We might have walking ice late next week. The bays on the south end have had ice and will be ready sooner.

Check with the resorts and baits shops before heading out and get the ice condition. I’ll keep ya posted here, Bobber………

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.