Full Moon Fishing… soon!

• DONOTDELETE

Hey everyone!

First, welcome to the new FTL forum. We liked the way the forum on FTR worked so much we thought it worthwhile to get them both operating the same system. Hopefully everyone will learn to love it as much here as we have on FTR.

Second, I’m pumped about the up coming night trolling bite on the big lake. I’ll be up from Sept. 25th -Oct. 6th. and although its been too cloudy to see the moon this past week I must be able to sense its up there because my bags are packed… I’m ready to go! Who’s all going to be there? I’d love to schedule a time and place to meet for breakfast after we all drag off the water some AM.

Who’s in?!

James Holst

Moving Waters Guide Service

http://www.movingwaters.net

Anonymous

You know i’m in!

The fish are starting to go.

Hook

Anonymous

I will be going up on the 28th and will stay through the 7th. A good place to meet for breakfast is Ozzies in Isle. We could also do a bar-b-que at my cabin if anyone is interested. It will be a great week to be on the “big’ lake , I can’t wait.

Anonymous

Hey Guys,

I’m in too. I’ll be up on the evening of the 30th. Not sure what time I’ll get to the lake cause I’ve got some duck hunting in SD to tackle first. I’m hoping to get to the lake shortly after dark. I’ll be staying close to the HJ’s that evening since I know the reefs there best. Monday I’ll head out early to scope some new areas if HJ’s doesn’t produce. You name the time and place and I’ll be there with bells on. I can’t wait!!!

Anonymous

Great update to the site!

I’ll be up from Oct 1st through the 8th for sure. (Arriving late Sunday) Can’t wait either.

Breakfast sounds good. Early or late, don’t matter to me. Look forward to sharing stories.

J.

Anonymous

We will be there the 29th through the 1st.

Anonymous

I’ll be there Friday 28, 29, 30th. (weather permitting, if not I’ll wait a week). I hope to meet a bunch of you while there. Want to share cell phone #’s (mine 507-202-0312)? Use Marine radios when there, which channel? I’ll use my FTL handle “Hawger”.

Ozzie’s sounds good, time (how about Sat. 29th and Sun. 30 both days too)?

I got an invite to camp at Wig-Wom Bay at a friend’s place. Yell or honk if you see me, I am in a 19′ Trophy 190 grey/grey Alumacraft i/o with a grey canvas top. It has our FTL logo/address on it!

I have a FTL hat for you Kevin Neve, if you can make it. Otherwise, Kevin send me your address. Thanks… I am pumped! ……”LETS ROLL”

Hawger

Anonymous

We will be in a white and blue 18ft Larson cell #507-429-4583 and I answer to “Johnson” on the marine radio but I just have a handheld so not much range. Looking forward to it

Anonymous

I’ll be in a YarCraft Wrangler 1785. Full poly flake Red. I’m on 68. Call me “Lucky Dog”

J.

Anonymous

We will be in a blue 18″ Lund Tyee and will be working out of Big Point. No VHF. Let’s plan on breakfast at about 9 on the 29th. We will see you at Ozzies.

Anonymous

Hey dinosaur,

Hows that 18 inch lund go?

Just kidding.

Hook

Anonymous

Beware of the Stratos!! She’ll be ready for combat with pig eyes.

Mike Finke

Mike Finke Outdoors

(612) 210-5937

Anonymous

Hooks, ROTFLMAO. Dino, is that how you tell if you have slots on the big pond?? Just shorter than my boat, it’s a keeper. Just kidding!!!! If I had a nickel for every typo I make in a day, I wouldn’t be sitting here at work.

I’ll probably be the only boat with SD plates pulled by a red GMC with SD plates also. I think I’m gonna be just north of you guys. HJ’s???? I’ll let you know towards the middle of next week. Looking forward to meeting you guys and swapping a few lies, I mean stories. Fisherman never lie, we just stretch the truth.

Anonymous

Oh man i cant wait only 1 week to go. Count us in on getting together. We will be staying at Pike’s Point about 1 mile south of the landing in Garrison. Bringing up the smoker for some grilling too so we have that available. Just let me know a date and time. We will be up there the 29th through the 6th.

Anonymous

Thanks for all the good kidding. I did see the typo after I posted but was too lazy to edit it. I am afraid it will be a long week of waiting for Friday to come , can’t wait to get up there again.

Dino

scottb.
    Southeast, MN

Here is a mudflat beauty caught in mid-July. A preview of whats to come this next week I hope. I may be coming up Monday night. Where are you guys staying and which area of the lake to you like troll during the full moon? If can make it, I will be in the SC1891 warrior(green lettering).

Edited by scottb. on 09/24/01 11:01 PM.

Anonymous

These cool nights and steady weather through the weekend look to be setting up an excellent bite! Like Hook said, add a little wind and everything will take off. I have been looking forward to this full moon all year.

I’ll be focusing on the south/east corner of the lake from Spider Island over to Big Point. If you’re in the area, give me a holler on channel 68. Call for “Lucky Dog”.

I’ll be at the lake from Monday through Friday. If you are driving on 47 on the east side, stop in at Fisherman’s Wharf on Big Point Drive. Look for a Red Chevy PU with black aluminum topper pulling a Red Yarcraft. Stop in for a cold one and shoot the breeze.

Packing it up to head out to Lake Michigan for the Yarcraft Tournament. Hoping to get into some hogs out there too.

Good Luck to everyone…..see ya at the lake.

J.

Edited by Jon J. on 09/25/01 02:40 PM.

Anonymous

Good Luck this weekend Jon J. See ya when ya get back.

Do yourself proud. Hook

Anonymous

I just found out I’ve got too much going on here at work and I can’t make it up for what I consider the best chance of the year to catch multiple pigs. I’m very disappointed I can’t make it and meet some of you guys.

Good luck and be safe!!!!

Anonymous

Yep, and the weather looks real good too! What a deal… no rain in the forcast… sounds too good to be true. I will not miss the huge swells, toriential downpours, sleet or hail, five foot rollers with white-caps on top, that I normally have to contend with when I plan a trip ahead like this…. in October. I won’t know how to act with 70 degrees and sunny skys! And the MOON!

Good luck to all headed there, see you at Ozzies. And hopes that you who will not be joining us there can make it next time (maybe on the ice huh?). Hawger

Anonymous

The time is near. I will be leaving early Friday morning for 10 days on “Pool 1” of the Rum River. The plan will be Ozzies in Isle for breakfast at 9 for anyone that will be up there and can make it. Daily meetings and info swap will keep us on the fish. Hope to see you there!

Dino

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.