What a night to take off!

• hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

Picked the right night to stay in. I was out burning and at about 6:00 PM the tree top leaves that were remaining broke loose with the first gust of the passing front moving through out of the northwest.

I just went out to close up the shed for the evening and it’s getting clilly out there.
    The chatter on the radio is that Tuck, and Koonce were contemplating a move by trailer to get into a better wind situation.

Even if the fish bite tonight, I needed a night off!

Heading for Ripley tomorrow for the first bow season of the year in there. Need to make my days happen during the day by thursday !

bucky12pt
    Isle Mn

you definitly didn’t miss much hooks I was having a relaps at work yesterday and checked the weather for garrison last night….. winds out of the north 4-6 I thought sweet really gonna put the to em’ tonight!
    well I get up to the gas station on 47 & 169 get out to fuel up on caffine for the long night and what the hell

it is just a whippin!!!!!!!

so up to garrison I went, got out and the waves weren’t bad at all but the gust made boat control a real pain in the

all in all it turned out to be a good night, hit the weedline and headed north. picked up 3 on the first pass! now I am just pumped… I should have know better

nothing for the next 2 1/2 hours

my last past at 1245 was also good picked up 4 go figure

all in all not a bad night but it has been much better.

2 dinks that I didn’t even measure, 4 between 17 & 22 and one at just a hair over 26.

now I sit at work looking at the temps dropping and can’t get my tree stand out of my mind, if I keep this up I might get canned, good thing I have all my vacation left

sorry no pics, it hard when your by yourself

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Yeah, a bit breezy, but it paid off!

prieser
    Byron, MN

I am heading up tomorrow morning, hopefully we don’t freeze our off. Any help would be apprieciated, we usually start around the twin islands and go from there. Let me know if anyone has some different ideas.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Play the wind to your advantage. Not to sound cocky, but back the boat in, and start trolling! The fish are biting from the west to the north to the east! Rock, weeds, sand, it doesn’t matter! I am getting fish in 6 to 10 FOW. Red Door is putting out big fish, but fewer numbers.
    Tuck

prieser
    Byron, MN

I am going to put my new ride in the water tomorrow when I get up there. The LCX-111 that it came with is the BOMB. Hopefully I can keep it off the rocks.

prieser
    Byron, MN

Thanks for the tips Tuck. As long as we can get out, we should nail them.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

who did you buy the boat from, or where did you get it from?????

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.