Mille Lacs Ice Update

• Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Here is satellete pic from yesterday. Take a look over on http://www.mnlakecams.com/ and you can see what a difference a few days makes.

Looking at the wind forecast for Tuesday I wouldn’t be a bit suprised if the ice out is declared on Wednesday or Thursday

ptc
    Apple Valley/Isle, MN

How is the lake looking this morning? The webcams look promising. But I have been fooled by them before…

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Quote:

How is the lake looking this morning? The webcams look promising. But I have been fooled by them before…

I talked with Fishers resort yesterday morning and they said it had lost quite a bit more ice in just a day. I didn’t see a new satellite pic yesterday but if I can find one today I’ll post ASAP.

It could be as early as today, but most likely ice out will be tomorrow with all of the wind forecast.

wheres_waldo
    The Big Pond

What is that good satellite picture website we had on here? I can’t seem to find it.

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Quote:

What is that good satellite picture website we had on here? I can’t seem to find it.

http://ge.ssec.wisc.edu/modis-today/

You can bookmark that link but if you forget and need an easy way to get there you can go though the mnlakecams.com website and there is a link on the top titled satellite that brings you to their archive of Mille Lacs pics and also has a 2nd link to bring you to the modis site.

wheres_waldo
    The Big Pond

Quote:

Quote:

http://ge.ssec.wisc.edu/modis-today/

You can bookmark that link but if you forget and need an easy way to get there you can go though the mnlakecams.com website and there is a link on the top titled satellite that brings you to their archive of Mille Lacs pics and also has a 2nd link to bring you to the modis site.

Thank you.

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

From what I saw yesterday, after driving around the lake, today or tomorrow will most likely be declared”ice out”. The ice on the south end pushed north past spirit island. There was alot of ice pushed into wigwam bay with open water north of that. Not much wind at the moment, time will tell. I can’t decide wither to go look for some crappies or go out on mille lacs and take a look around, leaning towards crappie fishing. First thing I have to do is the T25 workout, getting tougher to keep up with the 30 year olds at work.

it is just after 0800 and the wind is picking up out of the east. The forecast is for 15mph out of the east all day, it is not supposed to switch to the west until Friday.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.