Mille Lacs opener roll call

• Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Who’s coming up? Where and what tactics are you planning to put them in the boat?

I’ll be bringing a big box of Rapalas and taking advantage of the only weekend of night fishing we’ll get all year.

wallster
    Austin, MN

I’ll be there. North end out of Barnacles. Cant wait, just wish there would have been ice like last year, and only two other boats by us.
    Wallster ><((((>

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

John Peterson
    Woodbury, Minnesota

Red Door.
    Trolling at night before that is shut down for the year.

Palerider77

I will be the guy with the red Lund full of kids and dogs.

Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

I heard that there might be Bass in that lake? Unless an injunction occurs from the lawsuit, I guess it will be legal to start Bass fishing. If so, I hope to be there. I’ll be in a red Ranger Z21.

backlasher
    Fridley, Mn

Quote:

I’ll be bringing a big box of Rapalas and taking advantage of the only weekend of night fishing we’ll get all year.

X2

bronco83
    Central Minnesota

Staying at Nittis. Will be in blue and white Lund fiberglass. Can’t wait!!

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

smallmouth is open for the taking. they eat real good this time of year, or any other time of the year. the little rock piles off of my neighbors dock should be a fine place to start. don’t they call this prespawn? just trying to do my best at keeping the walleye quota down

ToddOlufson
    Coon Rapids, MN

Not on opener but the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday after, out of Fishers!

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

I will be there at midnight wading or from shore on the West Side, same as the last 7 years. Throwing stick baits to start and possibly a swimbait. The weather, how good the fishing is, and how my upper back feels will dictate if I stay to try and catch smallies when the sun rises or not.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Expect to see quite a bit of ice Wallster. I was up this past weekend and 2/3 of the lake was ice. I even walked out on some

wallster
    Austin, MN

It can go fast. Wind on wends…
    Wallster ><((((>

wheres_waldo
    The Big Pond

I’ll be putting boats, docks, and lifts in the water. When that is done, I will try to do some fishing.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Good luck up there guys! Catch lots of bass!

MNFishing
    NULL

New to this forum – – long time ML walleye angler. I’ve never targeted SMB on opener for obvious reasons. Broadly speaking, any suggested tactics?

I’ll be with the flotilla on the sand before dawn and may shoot over to Flamingo mid-day. Thanks!

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

Dock is in, boat lift needs to be moved about 10 yards, all is ready for Saturday

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.