October 5 report

• David Anderson
    Dayton, MN

Headed to the Pond at 3:00 this afternoon and was on the water at Cove by 5:00 with my neighbor Tom. Arriving at a nearby reef, started trolling in 10 feet of water and within 100 feet we nailed a 22″ walleye, fat and sassy. 10 minutes later we had a hookup but it came unhooked. Hooked a 19.75″ for the live well and by 7:00 we had 5. With the rain getting unbearable we headed back. We averaged one every 25 minutes, most came out of 8 – 10 feet of water and on a large Rouge or #12 X-Rap. With the wind and rain we wasted a lot of time out of the zone. Based on the slow bite of the last 8 weeks, this was pretty encouraging. I’d post pictures but it seems like too much work!

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Nice work,what was the water temp?

David Anderson
    Dayton, MN

Water temp was 60. With air temp of 48 and heavy rain, the fish actually felt nice on the hands.

carmike

That’s what I like to hear!!! Thanks for the report….I guess I may have to take a trip up there one of these days.

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Nice! Get those temps down another 6 to 8 deg and its hammer time!

mn-620t
    Big Lake, MN

Dave, good to hear you are fishing out of your boat, and as usual catching fish! I was up Sat on the East side and we didn’t do nearly as well. Just a bit too warm yet. Can’t wait for the full moon.
    Mike

David Anderson
    Dayton, MN

Mike,

Stopped at Lundeen’s before we went out to discuss our strategy with Bill. We both agreed that the fish are looking for larger baits based on last months bite and trends. Although the rain was very light when we launched there still wasn’t a boat in sight, no one in Cove Landing but us. Went shallower but caught all on deeper edge.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Dave
    Good to hear things are getting better, nice job with the fish you caught,
    I’d say that is an improvingh trend.
    It will only get better.
    Jack

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.